This blog runs Q&A-style interviews first run on my main blog. It’s a simple, albeit comprehensive, Word document which the author adds their replies to. I add in my comments and the interviews get exposure on both sites as well as Twitter (currently to 3,200+ followers), Facebook (1,200+ writing friends), Tumblr and LinkedIn. Because of the time taken, I do charge for the interviews but only £10 / $15 so not a lot for promoting yourself and your books.
See Opportunities on main blog for the details of how you can take part in the interviews as well as free items such as author spotlights (posted weekday mornings), guest blog posts (posted Tues & Thurs evenings), flash fiction (posted every Friday night), and poetry ( every Monday night).
In January 2013 I set up five online writing groups and these all welcome submissions for critique by the blog’s visitors (readers / writers). See the Submissions pages on each blog for full details:
- Morgen’s Online Non-Fiction Writing Group (http://nonfictionwritinggroup.wordpress.com / http://www.facebook.com/groups/335526669896374) <5,000-word non-fiction extracts.
- Morgen’s Online Novel Writing Group (http://novelwritinggroup.wordpress.com / http://www.facebook.com/groups/508696639153189) <5,000-word novel extracts.
- Morgen’s Online Poetry Writing Group (http://poetrywritinggroup.wordpress.com / http://www.facebook.com/groups/388850977875934) <50-line poems.
- Morgen’s Online Script Writing Group (http://scriptwritinggroup.wordpress.com / http://www.facebook.com/groups/319941328108017) <5,000-word script extracts.
- Morgen’s Online Short Story Writing Group (http://shortstorywritinggroup.wordpress.com / http://www.facebook.com/groups/544072635605445) <5,000-word stories / story extracts.
Thank you again for your interest in my site and I look forward to hosting you.